Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Garlic oregano French fries

We're trying really hard to meal plan in my home right now. We're on a pretty strict food budget so it is kind of crucial to do as much from scratch as possible and take advantage of sales and coupons. Tonight we did bacon wrapped hotdogs with chili and cheese, a salad, and the fries below.

I got this recipe off Pinterest. I was specifically looking for a French fry recipe because we've got plenty of potatoes in the house so I wasn't about to buy a package of frozen ones. I don't think I've ever made French fries before and if I have, obviously they weren't great because they didn't leave a lasting impression.

My family all really liked these, especially my 6 year old. They didn't need any condiments. I tried them with mustard and they were much better without. I didn't even bother with ketchup because they were just so yummy alone.

Ingredients:
3-4 large potatoes
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs garlic powder
2 tsp black pepper
2 tbs oregano
2 tsp parsley
Salt to taste

Steps:
1. Wash and cut potatoes. Keep them as uniform in size as possible.
2. Place potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle seasoning on potatoes as evenly as possible.
3. Mix thoroughly and evenly space.
4. Bake for 25 minutes at 425 degrees. Flip the fries and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment