Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fun twist on a staple item

My brother taught me this, and I love it. It's a fun way to eat a tortilla - essentially turning it into a big ol' chip! My 4 year old thinks it's pretty neat :)

Just take a medium tortilla and pop it in the microwave for a minute and a half - that's it! It comes out crunchy and full of air. It has the consistency of a really thin chip, and tastes just as good but with less salt. I'm going to try to sprinkle some cheese on it before doing it next time, and see how it comes out.

With normal flour tortillas



And with 100% whole wheat tortillas









I like both the whole wheat and flour, but as you can see, the whole wheat has less sodium and carbs while only 1 extra gram of fat, but with also extra protein. The whole wheat is of course the better choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment