Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Some rockin' pasta

I made a pretty delicious pasta tonight. Granted the sauce was jarred, but still. It was pretty friggin awesome. My brother even had 4 or 5 helpings!

I browned a pound of mild Italian sausage while boiling water for the penne pasta. While the pasta cooked, I continued browning the sausage, added some chopped red bell pepper and diced tomatoes. I also sprinkled on some dried parsley and onion powder. Once the pasta was done cooking, drained, and rinsed, I added the meat mixture and the sauce (Classico brand sun-dried tomato Alfredo) to it and then cooked it together with some more diced tomatoes for a few minutes. While that was cooking together a bit more I sauteed some baby bella mushrooms. I'm the only one in this house that likes mushrooms (and well, I love them) so I did it separate and just added them to my own.

The pasta turned out to be quite good. My brother loved it, my dad (who doesn't like bell peppers) liked it - and he added Parmesan cheese to his, and so did my daughter (she had seconds). I'm looking forward to the leftovers!



No comments:

Post a Comment