Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Worth Our Weight

If you watch Food Network, you know who Guy Fieri is. And if you're from Sonoma County, you know who he is. Because he's local. He owns 2 fabulous restaurants (Johnny Garlic's and Tex Wasabi's). Well recently my mom and I were watching Guy Fieri on TV, and he mentioned a place called W.O.W. - Worth Our Weight. We learned that WOW is a culinary apprentice program and that they apprentice people ages 16-24 who have faced major challenges in their lives. The cooks, wait staff, etc are all apprentices and you pay what you think the meal was worth (no tips). They were located in Santa Rosa - one city away - so we decided to hit them up for brunch the next day.

We saw the huevos rancheros featured on the show, and Guy raved about them, so my mom and I both ordered that. It was delicious! Very flavorful. Very authentic tasting. I finished my entire plate. Seriously. The tortillas underneath were so fresh, the pork so flavorful, and the salsa mixture had just the right ratio of tomatoes and herbs.

What did we think the meal was worth? We paid $35 for 2 plates of huevos rancheros and 1 chocolate filled croissant (to take to my grandma). And we will most definitely be back to try other things!

This is what they brought when we sat down - various little bits of yumminess and some preserves. This was after everything (4 different items) were half eaten by either my mom or myself (we split them).

My plate all mixed up and already munched on - because I love to mix things.

My mom's plate - untouched.

No comments:

Post a Comment