Friday, January 21, 2011

Crock pot Zuppa Toscana (crock pot)

As part of the "soups and stews" food challenge that my mom group was having, I did this. It's apparently a very popular soup at Olive Garden, though I had never heard of it before a friend posted about it. I found a crock pot version online, and made it.



1lb Italian sausage
2 cans chicken broth
1 cup water
1/4 cup onion
3 large russett potatoes (cubed)
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup bacon bits
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 container of sliced white mushrooms
Kale

Crumble Italian sausage and put in crock pot with chicken broth, garlic, potatoes, onion, and mushrooms and cook on high for 4 hours until potatoes & sausage are cooked. Add bacon bits, whipping cream and cut up kale right before serving.

My mom and I both really liked it. She said it's right up there with my South Carolina Catfish Stew. The Italian sausage could easily be swapped out for different meat and also be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment